Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pretty words. Not a story, not a poem.

In a dream-like oblivion,
I begin to slip in and out of lost memories,
imaginings and landscapes
that have kept to the back of my brain for years like timid animals.


I’ve lost all essence of time.
I’ve lost all awareness.
I bob in and out of consciousness;
not close enough to be a permanent resident of the dreamscape
induced in the back of my brain.
Not close enough to be a permanent resident of the reality
that still has a desperate clutch on my disintegrating perception.            


It has reduced me to nothing but my body
radiating warmth out to an immeasurable extent all around me.
Eventually my mind stops all activity.
All thoughts are smothered.
Dreams float slowly in after hours of warming nothingness;
wonderful, intense, inviting.


(i have no idea how to unhighlight this.) This is a short verse i wrote in grade ten during health class after reading about the effects opium and heroin-like drugs have on the mind. (sidenote: I don't do drugs or condone them. Unless it's advil because advil, when needed, is just... just wonderful.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment