Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kyle, Frank and Todd, the polar bears.

I thought this was funny. I recently read Life of Pi, which i thought was an o.k. book. It talked a lot about the relationship animals have with humans and how humans perceive them. If you type in "polar bear" on google images, alot of cute pictures of cuddly bears come up and yeah they're fun to look at and go "awwwwe, I want one." but there's no such thing as a cute 400 pound starving polar bear in the wild. The fact of the matter is, animals, like polar bears, are more than pretty faces companies like Coca Cola use for their ad campaigns. They have to hunt to survive, they don't care how cute you think they look, and their instincts are not to be underestimated. Go open up a can of coke next to those three bears and see if they take it. My bet is, they'd rather have a taste of you than a sugary drink.


ok... they're still really cute though.

I hope when im 40, they're still around. Seeing pictures of them standing on chunks of melting ice has always made me want to turn off all the lights in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment